Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Biggest Secret of College

I disappeared for a little bit.

That's not exactly a good look for a new blogger, but sometimes when you're as sporadic a person as I am , these things can seem unavoidable. I was (maybe I still am) stuck in this weird spot, where even though I'm exactly where I've always dreamed I would be, something is missing.


I'm not satisfied with....well, to be completely honest I can't even put my finger on the thing that I'm not satisfied with.

I'm stuck in a middle ground and I became stagnant. I'm only doing what I need to do to get by, and nothing more. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've left the dorm to adventure on my own.

Here's the sneaky thing nobody tells you about your Freshman year of college,

it's lonely.

You're in a new place with, new people, and none of your old vices. It can be hard and disconcerting at times to be having all these wonderful new experiences and feel like there's no one there to care or to listen, or even to go through these experiences with.

I'm still trying to figure all of this out myself, so I cannot offer you an grandiose solution. What I can give to you is my individual promise that I will try to push past it.

I promise not to find myself sitting in on my 6th consecutive episode of whatever I'm binge watching on Netflix at the moment.

I promise to make an attempt to get out of my comfort zone and leave the dorm, just to explore, just to get outside.

♡But most of all, I promise not to stop moving forward.


It's so easy to fall into a pattern of comfort and avoid any potential for new experiences. But that's a dangerous trap to fall in. No matter what you have to promise yourself that you will constantly be trying to find ways to grow into your best you. 

To anyone that has found themselves in this situation, keep moving forward.
until next time,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!