Friday, February 5, 2016

3 Tips For A Happier You

happy heart, happy mind, happy being.
Life is undoubtably crazy, and sometimes it can feel impossible trying not to lose yourself in all the madness. You've got to learn how to cope with all the stress, and find a way to smile through the rough patches. I've had my ups and downs, but here are some of the things I try to do to keep my ups higher and my lows at bay.


Be Grateful.
When I wake up in the morning, it isn't long before my mind kicks back into high gear, and I can feel my anxiety levels rising as the tasks of the day ahead begin to pile up into seemly unclimbable mountains. I could let this dictate my tone for the entire day, walking around in a haphazard haze, transferring from task to task. Instead I'm learning to take a second to slow down. First thing in the morning, especially on those of hectic days, I write, or think of a few things I'm grateful for. They're simple things. This morning I wrote down "waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee". It only takes a minute, but doing this sets a completely different tone for my day. Instead of piling lists of tasks, I find myself more inclined to be thinking about things that bring a smile to my face.

I try to repeat this practice whenever I feel myself getting upset, stressed, or angry.

Be Present.
It's  easy to get 20 steps ahead of yourself. It starts with one thing and so quickly snowballs into a million others, and before you know it you're so stressed about later that you're not even enjoying the now. Here's the unfortunate truth, that is so much easier said than done,
There's nothing you can do about what's going to happen, you can only control what is happening in THIS MOMENT.

Live in the present, take things moment by moment, don't ignore the future, but try not to dwell on it either. Staying present will let you enjoy the little in the moment thrills, that you may have missed if your head was in another space.

Be Indulgent.
Sometimes, I like to dip my fingers into the jar of peanut butter and lick it off. Immature? It may be. But it's something I enjoy doing, so it's worth the thrill. Don't let yourself lose the childish part of you that finds joy in the littlest things. People take life far too seriously, find your jar of peanut butter and don't let anyone take that away from you.




All of these things seem so simple on paper, but actually implementing them into your life can take some time. Try your hardest to keep a positive outlook on the world around you, because no matter where you are, or what you're doing there's always something to smile about...sometimes you just  have to look a little harder to find it.

have an amazing weekend,
until next time,
kirsten.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!