Monday, September 7, 2015

When in Doubt Zen it Out

{source}
Hello beautiful people of the internet.

Since I've gotten to college I've been feeling a little bit unbalanced. Today especially I'm feeling as though I needed to ground myself, to find and return to my center (cue lots of deep breathing exercises and soothing music).

Stay in touch with your body, mind, and spirit.

It is endlessly important to stay connected with yourself. Take a break and listen to what your body is telling you, then respond. 
♡ Make sure you're getting enough sleep.
♡ Are you eating a well balanced diet?
♡ Have you challenged your brain to think in an interesting way lately?
♡ Are you giving yourself enough positive love and attention? (self love is so crucial to happiness)
♡ Move your body, go for a walk, a hike, a run, dance alone in your room, anything to get you on your feet.
♡ Put your phone down and be alone with your thoughts.
♡ Have a good laugh.
♡ Maybe, you need to have a good cry.
♡ Take a bath.
♡ Just do something to remind yourself of all the love, light, and happiness surrounding you.


Just take some time out of your day to do something positive for yourself.

In the city that never sleeps, I've found neither does my mind. I have to make a conscious effort to relax my racing thoughts. I take time out of everyday to be alone with myself and try to ease my swirling thoughts into a calm stream of consciousness. It keeps me grounded in all this craziness.

What do you do to stay centered during times of chaos?

let the light into your life,
until next time.
x, kirst



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!