Monday, October 12, 2015

Veganism || Why I'm Going Back

I'm a little hesitant to post this, just because of the stigma that goes along with this topic, so before I dive into things I just want to make a quick disclaimer.

I try my best have complete respect and understanding for the choices anyone makes. I would never push my beliefs on someone else, or make someone feel inadequate because of their choices. We all have to make the choices that we think are best suited for us, so before you make any decisions or judgements, please do your own research and form your own opinions.
{source}
Now on to the post,

After a lot of thought (and maybe one too many documentaries), I've decided to at least attempt to make my return to veganism.

For years I've bounced back and forth between being a vegetarian, a vegan, and a full on lover of chicken nuggets. I even ventured into the Raw til 4 lifestyle for some time.

Usually my reasoning behind returning to eating meat is the convenience factor. I've never liked being the girl with the high maintenance order, or the one not eating anything at the family gathering, and sometimes those situations can feel unavoidable as a vegan.

These past two months have definitely been very strenuous for my body, both mentally and physically. From the stress of classes and living in a new environment, to being responsible for making all my own meals.

For the first time in my life I find myself struggling with acne.

My energy levels have been low, my skin is rebelling against me, and my emotions are all out of whack. So I've decided to listen to my body in the best way that I know how and go vegan for a trial period and see if any of these issues are relieved.

I'm not making any long term commitments just yet. I think it's important to listen to your body and really pay attention to what it needs. I'm starting with an achievable goal of being vegan for one month, after that I'll make assessments, and adjustments if necessary.

Although my return to veganism is motivated by my own health benefits, the more universal benefits are not lost to me.

♡Sustainability
♡Animal Welfare
♡Global Climate Change

vegan
{source
The list goes on. I can do a series of blog posts about the ethics of becoming vegan if there are requests to see things of that nature on Simple & Spice.

listen to your body, mind, and soul,
until next time.
x, kirst


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!