Wednesday, August 26, 2015

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Having Colored Hair

Sometimes you just need some change in your life, and for me it just so happens that that change usually comes contained in a bottle of Manic Panic.  

Colored hair is becoming more and more trendy by the minute, and seeing as I've been around the block a few times, it only seemed fair that I shared what I've learned along the way.


1.) You Can Do It Without Destroying Your Hair

The first thing a lot of people say to me after seeing my hair is 
"Well aren't you worried all your hair is going to fallout?"

Nope. Not Really.

You're definitely going to need to give your hair a little extra TLC, but if you treat your hair well you can really minimize the damage done. Here are a few simple tips

♡ Try to minimize how often you wash your hair

♡ Deep Condition your hair...FREQUENTLY! I use coconut oil (for everything), but you can just mess around and figure out what works for you

♡ Avoid heat (as far as hair health tips go... this one's an oldie, but a goodie)

♡ Invest in a good leave in conditioner // hair treatment.  I recommend this one to everyone, it instantly makes my hair feel 1000x healthier.

2.) People Will Judge You 

Not everyone is going to be a fan, but as long as you're happy (and your parents won't disown you) then it's all good! 

Sometimes people will make assumptions (PSA: just because my hair is blue doesn't mean I do crazy rave drugs and exclusively listen to deep house music).  But that's on them, not you.  Even if sometimes the dirty looks from the little old ladies in the grocery store get annoying...

Just own that cute highlighter head of yours and keep doing you.

3.) It Probably Won't Turn Out To Be The Exact Shade You Imagined

Every time before I dye my hair I take to Pinterest and start repinning like crazy until I've cultivated the perfect collection of possible colors  to dye my hair.  I like to give myself an idea of the range of colors my hair could turn, because even if your hair is the exact same shade as in a picture,

it is going to look different on your head, so prepare accordingly.


Dying hair isn't an exact science and you're most likely not going to end up with the shade you envisioned right off the rip, but you can't let that discourage you.  It will be okay I promise! You can always try again, let it fade, or rock the color you wound up with.

4.) You Can't Take Yourself Too Seriously

Your hair is the color of a skittle, so let loose! People will try to make funny jokes (no I didn't dye my hair because I lost a dare), laugh 'em off. It's all in good fun, so try not to take it personally.
{HA, funny guys}

5.) Everyone Can Pull it Off

People always say to me "I could NEVER dye my hair that color and look good!" 

Newsflash...


nobody and everybody simultaneously looks good with colored hair.  It's not a matter of whether you can pull it off or not...you just have to OWN IT!

Good luck, and happy hair
until next time.
x, kirst

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!